Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2010

I'm a Liar

I'm a liar. In a post I wrote last year, I said that I would buy a light sport aircraft if it were $25,000 or less. A couple of months ago, I had an opportunity to buy this very nice Sonex for that exact price, but I didn't do it. Take a look at the specs:

Serial No. 475
N129SX

Engine:
Aerovee/Hummel engine conversion
2387cc, 90hp at 3350
True Nicom cyl. 94mm
86mm crankshaft, forged chromalloy, cb performance, and is nitrated
Force 1 prop hub
Rotec throttle body
Approx $8900 invested in engine alone. Runs great!!!!

Avionics:
Stromaster Enigma with attitude, gps, hdg, g meter, fuel flow, all options
X-com radio with remote tuning from Enigma
Intercom with CD/mp3 music input with automute
Microair x-ponder
Extra Avmap/GPS

Airframe:
Professional custom paint
Dual stick trainer version
Taildragger
Airframe and engine only have 60 hrs on them and climbing. Total invested approx. $33k.







I guess my only excuse for not buying the plane is that I am a chicken and I am worried about the job outlook. I certainly wouldn't want to buy this plane and have to turn around and sell it next year because I got layed-off from my job. And, of course, my flying buddy is in the same boat.

So now, I am in a quandary on what to do next. I would like to get more involved in general aviation, but am hesitant to buy a plane and renting seems so mundane.

No comments:

Post a Comment