Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

Kitfox construction






Dave, another flying buddy has started a project. I went to see him a couple of weeks ago. He is the third owner of this kit and the first one to do anything with it. He purchased a used Rotax 912 ULS 100 hp engine to mate with the airframe, which will make it a real performer.

Luckily, an EAA technical counselor in Logan, John Kerr, has a Kitfox Model IV just like this, so Dave will be able to get assistance, if he gets stumped with a particular phase of construction. Of course, the Kitfox factory is in Idaho and I have talked with the McBeans many times and they have always answered my questions, even though I am not a Kitfox owner.

Dave offered to let me in as a partner. However, I can't decide between John's Taylorcraft, this Kitfox, a Challenger, or a Sonex. What do you, the reader, think?

No comments:

Post a Comment