Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Fundamental Reason I am a (Commercial) Nuclear Power Advocate

I am holding in my two fingers a plastic replica of an uranium fuel pellet of the type used in light water reactors.  I got this one at the visitors' center at Palo Verde Nuclear Power Plant.


 The following graphic shows how much energy such a pellet (yes, just ONE pellet) can produce compared with coal, natural gas, wood, and oil.
This is the fundamental reason I am an advocate of nuclear power - it is dense and clean and there is enough for everyone on earth - all 6 billion or 10 billion or whatever for millenia.

PS. The last statement is what scares the beejeebers out of the green movement.

PPS.  Molten Salt Reactors are even better than what this graphic shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment