Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

Carnitas

I found a new slow cooker recipe last week and I just had to try it.  It turned out great.  Four pounds of pork sirloin and the right spices and 10 hours later, the most delicious carnitas tacos I have ever had.  Of course, I had to add cheese, salsa casera, sour cream, lettuce, cilantro, refried beans and viola!  Here are some pictures of the feast.

The recipe came out of a published cookbook, so I don't feel I can copy it outright, but here are the spices called for: ground ancho chile pepper, ground coriander, oregano, shredded orange peel, garlic, salt, black pepper, onions, chicken broth, orange juice and honey.  Oh, and don't forget the fresh cilantro to top it all off.








1 comment:

  1. mmmmmm those were way good!! you are becoming quite the chef :) you will soon take over moms job for good! ha ha

    ReplyDelete