Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor

I recently discovered a 60 year old treasure. It's called a Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor. I read about it in the current issue of Wired magazine, which referred me to a blog by Kirk Sorensen called Energy from Thorium. I heartily recommend his blog. He gave a tech talk at Google last year that I also recommend along with the PowerPoint presentation that you can down load at http://www.energyfromthorium.com/ppt/Sorensen_Google_20090720.ppt.

This reactor is even better than the 4th generation light water reactors and even General Atomics 4th generation gas turbine reactor. Less waste, less cost, even greater safety! I wish I could buy one!

1 comment:

  1. We like reading your blog, Brian, even though we don't understand all of the science behind it. How's the wedding planning going? You're only planning one right now, right?

    ReplyDelete