Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dreams Versus Reality

This was my dream airplane when I was 10 years old. I drew it myself on a 4 hour trip from Elko, Nevada to SLC, Utah, somewhere between Wells and Wendover. I modeled it after the B-25. Of course, it was big enough for the whole family and probably some neighbors too.


Next, when I was a teenager, this was the airplane that I loved. I had a subscription to Flying magazine, which I used to drool over and the Bonanza was featured regularly on its pages. I think the cost of a new one today is a cool 3/4 of a million dollars and they say that the nose gear doors still don't close completely.

Now that I am middle-aged grouch (according to my wife) this is what the dream has turned into - reality. A Cri-Cri. This is the kind of flying that I can afford.
I'm being a little bit facetious about the Cri-Cri, but not much. Seriously, I hope to soon have some good news about a plane (still extremely modest) in the near future. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment