Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 3, 2015

My Favorite Photos from Our Oshkosh Adventure

I picked my favorite photos from our first family trip to Oshkosh. Six of us went in the party van and drove almost 4,000 miles. Are we a little nuts? Yes, before we even started. My wife, dad, two sons and one daughter went with me.

One of the front tires developed a bulge (and a bad vibration) and had to be replaced in Rawlins, Wyoming with two new front tires. That was the only real mechanical issues we had.
 
 Crazy after 10 hours in the van.
 The EAA Museum is really top notch.  I loved the Pitts in the entrance.

 The Mustang has always been one of my favorite planes and the polish job on this one is beautiful.
Martha and Carolina




 After the Little River Band Concert

 After our ride in the Ford Trimotor over Lake Winnebago
 Eagle Base - we called this home for a week. We only had to deal with one severe thunderstorm on our first night that blew away the canopy and almost one of our tents. The van was our refuge from the rain.
The new Goodyear Blimp was really cool. It could fly sideways in a cross wind!
Here I am with my wife,Carolina and one of my other favorite planes, the De Havilland Mosquito - sleek and fast and made of wood with 2 Rolls Royce Merlin engines! Who could ask for more?

Oh, and our trip took us to Ann Arbor, Michigan to see our daughter, Sophia graduate from the U of M.

 Pre-graduation dinner at Cardamom
 The happy grad!

No comments:

Post a Comment