Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 12, 2013

My "Free Energy" Machine or Frack, Baby Frack!

Here it is.  A 2003 Chevy Cavalier, bi-fuel, four door sedan.



 
Did anyone ever tell you that the elusive "free energy" machine was going to cost nothing?  I hope not, just that the energy used by the machine was going to be free.

This car has a 3,600 psi natural gas tank in the trunk.  It holds approximately 6 equivalent gallons of NG, (about 5.66 pounds per eq gallon).  In my city there in one filling station and it seems to do a good business.  A tankful costs around $9 and takes me about 150 miles, or about 6 cents per mile in fuel costs.  I'm calling that "free energy".

On an inflation adjusted basis, I can't imagine that energy has every been so cheap in the history of the world!  I also like the fact that the car has a regular gasoline tank, which it automatically switches over to when the NG runs out.  I don't have to worry about running out when I am far from a CNG station.

Two final points I want to make:
1. The reason that NG is so cheap right now is partly because of the revolution in hydraulic fracturing, or fracking that is occurring in the Bakken Formation.  I say, Frack, Baby Frack!

2.  I still love nuclear reactors because the energy they can produce will be even cheaper than NG, especially the new molten salt reactors.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment