Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Utah Telecommunication Open Infrastructure Agency

I have been fuming about this raging stupidity known as the Utah Telecommunication Open Infrastructure Agency, or UTOPIA, for years. Steam has been coming from my ears and I have been sputtering about how ridiculous I find the whole thing. So, I finally condensed my opposition into one reason. The reason I hate UTOPIA is because I am being coerced into paying for it. So there it is in one simple sentence. Let me repeat. I hate UTOPIA because I am coerced into paying for it.

Never mind that the whole idea behind it is a delusion, the business model sucks, the name is infantile, it has no accountability, its principals pretend to have never heard of the Rigas family or WorldCom or iProvo or etc, etc.

None of that would matter one whit to me if "my" property had not been put up as collateral for the bonds being used to build the network. Brigham City Council twice voted to use tax revenue as collateral to obtain the bonds and tax revenue to ultimately pay the bonds, if the venture fails.

Utah has long been the target of schemers, shysters, and conmen, some of who are smart enough to go for the deep pockets!

No comments:

Post a Comment